Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Introducing . . . . . . Kirk!


Golfer and I have been busy around here lately.  I mentioned in an earlier post that we had sold our Mustang, Duke.  Then we traded our Acura TL, Hiro, in - with the money from Duke - and got an Acura MDX.  So here's Kirk!  And yes, I do know that there are some who think I'm a little "off" for naming our vehicles.  But you know what?  I have discovered that several of our friends also name theirs!  So there!  When having a discussion it just sounds so much nicer and more civil to have a name rather that say "the car".  And God knows the world can use more kindness and civility.  Add some whenever you can.

So Kirk is lovely, or handsome as the case may be.  He has lots of bells and whistles that we are learning to use.  While running an errand this week I got to hear him read an email to me!  We have checked and Golfer's clubs fit in the back perfectly.  So we're ready for a road trip whenever.

It is amazing how much paperwork is involved in a new vehicle.  By the time we dealt with the dealership, the financial man, the DMV, XM, City property department, and so on, it was exhausting.  But I think we have everything under control and in order now.

In other happenings, I just had the fourth injection in my knee.  One more to go.  Then we wait and see if this has helped.  I was told it could take six to eight weeks to reach its full effect.  As I have said, it's just something else to deal with.

We hosted a fun evening for a group of friends.  Two are in the process of moving to South Carolina.  Their old house is sold, the new one not built yet.  J & B are sort of bouncing around from place to place before their final move.  The weather was good for us and everyone had a good time.

Our family is doing well.  Boxer and Bloomer are back to school.  This is week two and all is going well.  BeyB doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day.

Better go for now.  Stay safe!

No comments: