Friday, November 1, 2013

November 1st Already!

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween!

The weather was nice here and while we were discussing our options for dinner last night - it's going to be a while before I am able to do normal things in the kitchen - Golfer suggested using the fire pit and having hot dogs.  NurseJ was coming over for the evening so I called her and we got everything together.  Golfer helped me get baked beans in the oven.  And everyone pitched in and got the deck table cleaned and set, and things carried out.  Golfer and NurseJ were on hot dog grilling duty.  It was CutieGirl's first weenie roast and she loved being outside.  She didn't get to eat any of it, but she did get to play with a raw marshmallow for a bit!   CableGuy moved the high chair out and CutieGirl just sat there and watched everything.  BeyB was busy helping out and we all had a good time.  Dinner was topped off with roasted marshmallows.  mmmmmmmmm!

Then I stayed out of everyone's way while clean-up happened.  CutieGirl was dressed in the Princess Leia costume and pictures were taken.  Bikini had made this costume for Bloomer and she shared it with NurseJ for this first Halloween.  Then after making sure I was okay, everyone else went out for a walk around the neighborhood.  They said CutieGirl was asleep in the stroller after about twenty feet!

All in all, we had a very nice evening!













And now it is November 1st.  Normally by this time of the year, I have almost finished with the Christmas shopping and have things wrapped and ready to ship out.  Not this year.  Have not even started!

One of these days I think I'll get busy with some online shopping.  I do have cards and stamps so I can always work on that.  But it's going to be a while before I can drive or go out to do any shopping.

Speaking of shopping -- Golfer is doing the Commissary shopping today.  What a man!  I love you Golfer!

Stay safe!

No comments: