Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

So.... I haven't written much lately.  No excuses.  Just nothing I needed to say.  I figured there were only so many times I could say I was recuperating.  :)  Still am.  Slow progress, but it's progress.  I trust my doctors, and I know they told me it could take six months or longer to get back to that "normal" state, whatever that will be, but I still get impatient.  And it's only been a little over a month!  But life goes on!

Thanksgiving was nice.  It was a busy day.  Nurse J brought the turkey and desserts and I managed the side dishes.  Everyone pitched in and helped.  Then we sat around and visited and watched football and played with CutieGirl!  BeyB was a good helper and we all had a nice day.

How could anyone not have a good day looking at this??!!!

So now we're into decorating time.  Might work on some of that this afternoon and this weekend.  Since doing our cards doesn't take a lot of mobility, I have been working on those.

Golfer has put my shower chair back into the attic since I don't need it any more.  And the walker has been moved back into its spot in the back closet.  I can walk inside the house most of the time without my cane, but need it to help getting up after sitting or lying down.  And I use it when I am out of the house.  I have almost worn out one long-handled-grabber. 

It's been a rainy week here.  Today is sunny and bright, but cold.  Golfer texted me from the course and said they had a frost delay.

I hope all is well with all of you.  If you go out to shop, be careful.  I don't think anyone would pay me enough to get me to go out to shop today!

Stay safe!

No comments: