Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thoughts of Spring!

Hey, all!

I haven't written in a while.  I've had a lot on my mind and didn't want to dump it all in a blog post, so I've sort of hesitated to write.  But I will get into all of that in another post in the near future.

Golfer and I are doing well.  Keeping busy with things around the house.  We're both ready for warmer weather to get here and actually stay!

Last weekend's weather was pretty cool, but I bundled up and went out to do a little yard clean-up.  I needed the fresh air and there were some things bugging me out there.  Pulled weeds, raked up leaves that were stuck under shrubs... you know, that sort of thing.  And then this past week Anderson's Garden Center started advertising a new shipment of pansies!  It was meant to be!  I had the mulched area all cleaned up and ready!  So I went yesterday and bought some beautiful pansies and got them planted.  The expert at the nursery assured me they were "hardy" ones and will do well.  I also planted a pot for the porch.


You can also see beside the porch pot that there is an Encore azalea waiting for Golfer to plant it when he digs up a dead one this week.  :)

There are buds appearing on some of the trees.  The news reports are including pollen counts already.  So Spring is definitely on the way.

In family health news I had all my annual appointments and so far, so good.  Golfer had a stress test and that had good results.  Brief is in the physical therapy stage of his shoulder surgery recovery.  CableGuy had a spinal injection for a problem disc.  NurseJ and baby are doing well and we are all waiting for her arrival.  Golfer's brother, L, is still dealing with some heart issues and is off work until the doctor approves his return.  My sister, D, is having liver and kidney issues and will start chemo if her doctor says she can handle it.

I hope everyone is well and happy.  Take care and stay safe!

No comments: