Monday, November 8, 2010

Well.

Yes, we are still here. I just realized how long it has been since I wrote anything!

I don't know where the time has gone. I've been busy recuperating and going to PT. And trying to do a little more everyday with all the other things in life I want to do. I had a minor set-back when I ended up in the ER one Sunday morning. I woke with a fever and increased pain and swelling and a killer headache. I called my doctor's answering service and he called me back within five minutes and said go to the ER. He was worried about a blood clot. So Golfer hustled me on up to the Mary Immaculate ER where I was tested and poked, and scanned and x-rayed. After about five hours, they didn't find any blood clots but did find an infection at my incision site. So that meant more meds and a stop to the PT for a while. But it is pretty much all better now.

The PT is going well and I plan to go back to work next week. (The PT will continue for while longer) Just today I was given the okay to get back into the swimming pool but cautioned to "take it easy". So I'm looking forward to that.

Golfer and I have been keeping busy around the house. The yard looks better than it has for months! We even have some azalea bushes blooming right now. And my geraniums are still lovely. The grass seed has sprouted and grown and the yard is greener than it's been all Summer! It's gotten cooler here and there has even been some frost in some areas. The leaves are really starting to fall now.

Golfer and I have also been spending time getting to know our new car - a 2010 Acura TL. Lovely, comfortable car with lots of buttons and levers and way more technology than we can use yet!

I have been trying to get a handle on the Christmas shopping. I have tried a couple one-hour shopping trips and it's gone okay. Usually by this time of the year I am done and have things wrapped and packed up to ship off. I lost a chunk of time this year and things are not quite so efficient, but they're coming along.

I just wanted to check in and let anyone that reads this that we're still here and doing fine. Stay safe!

No comments: