Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hey, again.


Things are getting back to normal around here. Hermione was a sweet kitty and spent lots of time in our laps and snuggling. We miss her.

Cinder and Cecil are getting back to normal – if there is such a thing! I’m sure they miss her too. But life goes on. Eventually we will adopt another kitty that needs a home, but not just yet.

Golfer has been busy with yard work. Everything is growing and green. There is still pollen everywhere! When that finally lessens, it will be time to wash the windows again. It’s never ending!

We’re getting ready to have a new patio put in. The current one has a large “safety-hazard” crack across it. So it will be dug out and while the space is open some drainage issues will be taken care of that were recommended by the foundation people recently. Then a new paving stone patio will be put in and a little new landscaping done. Wish me luck keeping the hydrangeas alive! We’ve never had any of them before. When that is all done we may go shopping for a small fire pit and then douse ourselves with bug spray and go out to roast marshmallows.

Speaking of bugs… after a recent bout of yard work I discovered I had two tick bites. ICK!!! After a couple days I decided it was time to see our doctor to have them checked. He told us what to watch for and said they appeared to be healing okay. My main concern was a bacterial infection going into my “bionic” knee. Didn’t want to take any chances on that.   There is a new bottle of bug spray on the garage shelf and I plan to use it whenever I am out!

Spring break is over for the grandkids and they are all back to school.  I'm sure they're all counting the days until the next vacation.  And I think that will be when we all go to Myrtle Beach the end of May.

That's about it for now.  Take care and stay safe.

No comments: