Monday, March 1, 2010

A Case of the "Mondays"

Hey, all,

I hope all is well everywhere else! To be honest, things are okay here, I just have a case of the blahs accompanied by a headache. I thought it might get better after I ate lunch. Nope. Then I thought maybe after I went to the "Y" and had some pool time it would go away. Didn't happen. So now it's time to fix supper, and it's still here. I did have a short nap until the phone rang, made my head buzz, and scared Cinder who leaped off my lap because she had been sleeping, too. I have taken some pills. I know it will get better, but it's still Monday.

In other news, and in order to stop my complaining, the sun is out! It's still cool here, but evidently Mother Nature doesn't care. I've seen daffodils poking out of the dirt, some trees have buds on them, and the robins are all back! Over the weekend I got out and did a little more yard clean-up. Our day lilies have broken through the ground and the Easter lilies are starting to show some green shoots. Of course, the yard still has many muddy, soft spots, but it's still great to get out there! My friend/sister-in-law in Ohio said she couldn't believe I was out doing yard work already. Well, to be completely truthful, I was wearing a couple layers of clothes, but it was great to have the sun on my face!

Golfer has played a couple more rounds of golf. He says it's good to be out on the course, even if his game has suffered because of the long time off because of medical issues.

Speaking of medical issues, we seem to be in period of "see all the doctors". It's time for our annual check-ups and associated testing, routine check-ups with eye doctors, orthopedic doctors, rheumatologists..... so far, nothing new and horrible has shown up. Other than the raging bladder infection that I have that I fortunately did not have symptoms for. The doctor was stunned, prescribed antibiotics, and wants to see me yet again. So, there's one for the books.

Well, enough of my blahs. It's time to get to the kitchen. It also might be time to break open the Thin Mints! Girls Scouts were posted at the entrance to the grocery store this past weekend to pressure good people going in to buy fruits and vegetables! I couldn't resist!

Stay safe!

No comments: