Sunday, October 6, 2024

Hey

I've been trying to keep up with things while dealing with Shingles. Chicken Pox was the only childhood disease that I had.  When Jacquie was a baby and getting her vaccinations, I had to get them all, too.  Anyway, that virus that causes Chicken Pox also causes Shingles and that virus stays in our bodies forever.  I had a case of Shingles years ago, before a vaccine was available.  It was not great.  

When Shingrix became available, Les and I got that vaccine.  I was diagnosed last Monday with Shingles again.  Prescribed an Anti-viral medication, and told to be careful and take care of myself.  Just so you are aware, stress can activate the virus and cause Shingles.

This second time was not as bad.  I had red spots, but not the nasty Chicken Pox-like-blisters.  I did have some short bursts of pulsing pain, but they were quick and didn't last.  So I can confirm that the Shingrix vaccine works, and the Anti-viral meds definitely help.  I am doing much better.

I was just out doing a little yard clean up.  We've stayed off of it since the aeration and seeding. The guys are supposed to start mowing again this week. And there were some bits that needed to be picked up. Mostly those bits were clusters of acorns and leaves from our neighbor's pin oak tree, and some other branches that had fallen on shrubs and in the grass.

Here are two pictures I took today. I love taking pictures of morning skies. I also like our blooming Azalea!



Take care and stay safe. Life is still good. And God Bless America!n

No comments: