Sunday, August 9, 2026

Just Checking In


Les and I are doing okayish.  We're still sad about Finnigan, we miss him.  But it's been a busy week.  

We both had our check-ups with Dr. Jones.  Most of our lab work was normal and we go back in six months.  The MDX had a safety inspection and some recall work done, plus an oil change.  I had my annual eye exam and have ordered new glasses.  All the tests that Dr. Kitay did were good.  I got my hair trimmed and that feels better.

I discovered a loose shingle lying up on the roof and someone was supposed to come on Friday to fix that, but no one showed up.  I have sent Steve a message so he can call the man again.

Today is Les' birthday!  Happy birthday, honey!  Love you lots!

In between all the things getting done, I filled out the adoption application for Cat Corner.  The house is really lonely without a cat in it.  This is the first time ever since we moved to Virginia that we haven't had one, or two or three or four.  Our application was accepted and I went yesterday to meet some kitties and talk with the adoption coordinator.  Wednesday, Eloise will be coming home with us.  You will get pictures once she is used to being with us.

I took this picture a couple days ago.  I haven't taken many sky pictures lately.  It was time.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is still good.  God Bless America!

No comments: